Intervista a Nomura su Famitsu, 24/6/2015

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 25/6/2015, 01:11

Il Fautore di Idee

Group:
Superior
Se qualcuno lo sa' è pregato di informarmi...

Ecco la traduzione in inglese dell'intervista di Famitsu di questa settimana, presa da KHInsider.

Director Tetsuya Nomura Interview

– Finally, new information has been revealed during E3 2015. We see Sora with a new outfit and in regards to the illustration style, I think the direction with the ‘Kingdom Shader’ has been refined.

Nomura: It became substantial enough for me to be able to show it. However, in regards to each world in KINGDOM HEARTS, the shader may be different and they will be adjusted accordingly.

– In the trailer, Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus appeared. With the conversation being heard before, it looks like it takes place in the beginning of KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Nomura: Yes. It starts at the beginning. You can see that a part of the conversation foreshadows the future. While Young Xehanort has appeared in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D, this conversation took place before those events. Since Eraqus is younger than Xehanort, he is somewhat childish. These two were under the apprenticeship of their Master as Keyblade wielders.

– From what we have seen in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D, it seems Sora and his friends are gathering the Guardians of Light?

Nomura: It will be something like that. Sora and his friends are going on a new journey, immediately after KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. Also, in KINGDOM HEARTS χ and KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, it will begin to significantly involve Sora’s fate.

– So immediately after KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. I definitely won’t miss out on KINGDOM HEARTS χ and KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ. The new world that contains Rapunzel’s tower has received great feedback at E3.

Nomura: The Osaka development team wants to challenge themselves with Rapunzel’s hair. They are saying they want to use her hair for combat and it seems that the creators of Rapunzel are acknowledging our efforts.

– A Disney creator endorsed it!

Nomura: Previously, I was dealing with classic works. This time, I have adopted a relatively new work. It’s so I can directly see the people who have been involved in that series. There are many times we have exchanged words while producing it so it can be represented more accurately.

– Other than the new world for Rapunzel, what other new worlds are there?

Nomura: Wait for more information in the future. There are a number of worlds that will delight everyone. Please look forward to it.

– We would like to ask you about the action. In the trailer, battles scenes are quite flashy and more bolder than the ones in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. It left me an impression that I will really enjoy it.

Nomura: As an action game there is much more you’d want to do. You can move seamlessly in the map, and you can do the flashy actions that were shown in the trailer.

– There were large amounts of enemies and the special effects have come out smoothly.

Nomura: It’s not unusual for the implementation of free-run (laughs) There will be things that will be beyond reach with jump and free-run, traditional abilities such as glide will be there of course.

– I don’t know if I should be worried if their mobility is too extreme.

Nomura: We have followed the base from KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. It certainly received opinions that there was too much freedom and difficult to control. From new found experience, it is divided into a new flow of action so we have realized this “bold action”.

– The system seems to have evolved. In collaboration with Donald and Goofy, it seems it’ll become part of the battle system than ever before. The enemies also show signs of cooperating with each other.

Nomura: This time, we showed the three pushing back the enemies and blowing them away. Not only that, it is possible to protect yourself using this gimmick. For the enemies, when many of them appear, their AI becomes elaborate and their personality comes out heavily.

– Also, the different variations of the Keyblade are very eye-catching in battle. Obtaining the true power of a master, is this the reason for these sudden amazing transformations?

Nomura: There will be a neat story that will explain about it. It is possible to do it in the beginning of the game. You can transform the Keyblade if conditions are met and there are several transformation stages. When Sora’s Keyblade has been changed into a particular form, you will be able to use its form specific abilities.

– It seems like the KINGDOM HEARTS II’s Drive Forms and Keyblade transformations were merged. How many kinds of forms will there be?

Nomura: It is a system that has evolved from KINGDOM HEARTS II and it is somewhat close to it.

– I see. For each form, it seems likely the gameplay changes.

Nomura: In addition to the Keyblade transformations for Sora, it becomes possible to maneuver using specific forms and actions. There will be many battle choices. Take whatever strategy, it will be up to the player. Of course, for those who button mash will have an exhilarating experience but for those who want technical fights will also find fun making combinations. In addition to the Keyblade transformations, there is still the Attraction Flow to be appreciated.

– I’m surprised all these elements can be fitted. This is achieved by the large power of Unreal Engine 4?

Nomura: In fact, using Unreal Engine 4, the tools and features used to make the unique representation of KINGDOM HEARTS has expanded greatly.

– So the power comes from the game’s engine you have used.

Nomura: Through the expansion of the engine, we were able to elaborately devise fine and subtle expressions in motion and we are continuing to adjust this.

– Yes, I want to play it soon! How is the current progress of the production?

Nomura: We are steadily progressing and deciding what to do with the ending… as well as considering content for the secret movie.

– Hmm? So the Dark Seeker saga is coming to a close. And the fact that there is a secret movie…

Nomura: I’ll leave that to your imagination (laughs). Since there are still opportunities for us to publish information this year, in response to the reaction from E3, I am considering how much information I should show. It’ll be a while until it happens, please wait.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 25/6/2015, 10:58

The acid Queen in a psychedelic scene

Group:
Superior
The world we live in is another skald's dream

Interessante.
Quindi confermato il mondo di Rapunzel, ma quello di Frozen? Se ne sente parlare parecchio, ma non mi pare che ci sia stato ancora l'annuncio ufficiale, o sbaglio?

Web  Top
view post Posted on 25/6/2015, 13:57

Il Fautore di Idee

Group:
Superior

CITAZIONE
Quindi confermato il mondo di Rapunzel, ma quello di Frozen? Se ne sente parlare parecchio, ma non mi pare che ci sia stato ancora l'annuncio ufficiale, o sbaglio?

Yep, assolutamente NESSUNO in alcuna intervista o media ufficiale ha MAI dato l'annuncio che ci sarà Frozen.
Anzi, un anno fa era pure stato annunciato che NON ci sarà Frozen, ma potrebbero benissimo aver cambiato le carte in tavola.

Tutto quello che è stato annunciato è stato Rapunzel ed Hercules. That's it.
Il resto i fan se lo sono sognati di notte probabilmente... .-.

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 27/6/2015, 15:13

Il Fautore di Idee

Group:
Superior

Il traduttore è andato avanti, ecco i pezzi mancanti dell'intervista.

-- So there’s the latest entry in the series, the trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS III at E3 surely heightened the anticipation.

Nomura: Because of the length of the video, it was packed meaningfully with new action elements. In regards to completion, I think it’s progressing steadily.

-- It shows scenes of Sora fighting while wearing a new outfit.

Nomura: Early on he is wearing the KINGDOM HEARTS II outfit and he will change into the new outfit when you progress through the story.

-- The key colors of the new costume seems to be black and red?

Nomura: Its design is a fusion of the outfits from KINGDOM HEARTS II and KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. Because the KINGDOM HEARTS II outfit was popular among fans, it still has some hints of it while having a sporty design.

-- Looking at Sora, I feel like he became taller?

Nomura: It uses the same model from KINGDOM HEARTS II so it hasn’t really change, Maybe it’s his sleeker hair that makes him appear taller; I think.

-- Previously I’ve heard the game changed its engine. Has the transition made successfully?

Nomura: When the transition was completed, it allowed KINGDOM HEARTS to expand its expression and gameplay such as the effects on the field. Since there were differences in game engines, modifications were made as much as possible. Visually comparing between the footage, I think nothing seems out of place.

-- The battles scenes were very impressive especially the fights where you ride the flashy rollercoaster and tea cup.

Nomura: One of the highlights is the “Attraction Flow”. If a condition has been met, you will be able to trigger these operations and it’s pretty elaborate. The UI (User Interface) seen in the trailer is temporary. In fact, Attraction Flow was inspired by Flowmotion in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D and it has become a more tactical system.

-- Judging from the trailer, it seems like there will be many kinds of Attraction Flow.

Nomura: Rollercoaster, viking ship, and coffee cups are the current three that are revealed. Attraction Flows will have glowing electric decorations. Another major ability are the Keyblade transformations.

-- Keyblade transformations seem like a fun element in battle.

Nomura: My ideas for it came as far as from KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX, the main characters of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep were able to transform their Keyblades, and once Sora is able to pass the Mark of Mastery in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D, he will be able to utilize magic to transform his Keyblade that can be ridden as a vehicle and many other great things.

-- Teaming up with party members in order to attack was impressive.

Nomura: There’s the Attraction Flow, Keyblade Transformations, teaming up with party members, as well as Free Run. However, it’s not necessary to use them all. The player is free to fight in a style that suits them. Because we have prepared many choices, I believe you can choose freely.

-- There were other elements that have appeared from the series, is this what you have imagined?

Nomura: That’s right. While we were aware of the fact that this is a numbering title coming from KINGDOM HEARTS II, we have incorporated what we have learned from spin-offs. The amount of flashiness will be big. Since it has “simple controls that can be played by anyone” it doesn’t necessarily change the basis of the KINGDOM HEARTS series so please do not worry.

--Recently in the series, the Command Deck was at the heart of the battle system, is it a part of KINGDOM HEARTS III?

Nomura: It will not have the Command Deck. It’ll return to the traditional command types such as “Attack” and “Magic”. Spin-offs were a way to freely challenge ideas. In numbering titles, it would be good to use the traditional system. So I thought KINGDOM HEARTS II could match with KINGDOM HEARTS III.

-- In regards to the worlds, can you confirm what they are?

Nomura: Disney titles such as Tangled and Hercules, and another familiar to the series, Twilight Town. So that makes three.

-- Since Tangled made a new appearance for the series, what other new worlds are there?

Nomura: I can’t talk about any further details except that Mt. Olympus will be a new world.

-- It looks like Xehanort and Eraqus were having a conversation when they were younger, is this an actual scene at the beginning of KINGDOM HEARTS III?

Nomura: That’s right. From the conversation between these two, that’s how this story begins. The scene’s conversation is actually longer but in the trailer we only showed excerpts. From what can be understood from these two, it also connects to an ancient story from KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ.

-- Mr. Nomura, since you are the one that is writing the scenario this time, how is the progress coming along?

Nomura: Since we are arriving near the conclusion of Xehanort in KINGDOM HEARTS III, the outline of the story has been solidified but not necessarily the direction where the KINGDOM HEARTS series is continuing to head. We are still trying to decide where to go from several choices.

-- What is that specifically?

Nomura: In the KINGDOM HEARTS series, I don’t think there has been an actual happy ending. KINGDOM HEARTS II is close to it. Since most of the titles have ended in cliffhangers, we’re worried about what we should include in KINGDOM HEARTS III.

-- Fans are considering, “what will be the characters’ roles?”, has this been talked about?

Nomura: As for the paths of various characters that fans care about, it has already been determined. The scenario was also determined in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D. Especially “which characters would come back” and “who are the 7 lights and 13 darknesses” has been decided. Don’t worry, they will play a huge part.

-- Especially for the KINGDOM HEARTS series including a secret movie, there will always be something to be surprised about at the end.

Nomura: Because KINGDOM HEARTS III is a culmination of everything so far, everyone is aware that they want a finale. Because of this and in order to put an end to it, I believe it shouldn’t be disappointing.

-- Around what time will KINGDOM HEARTS III be released?

Nomura: Its scheduling has been decided but I can’t answer that yet. In order to enjoy the anticipation for this expansion, we are now promoting the production towards completion.

-- Quickly tell us about where new additional information will be released?

Nomura: In November, Disney will be holding “D23 Japan Expo 2015” and within the event, there will be a KINGDOM HEARTS fan event in November 3rd. Here, we plan to issue new information. Although voice actors have appeared for the event in 2013, this year’s content has been undecided. For more information, please wait for further announcement.

Web Contacts  Top
3 replies since 25/6/2015, 01:11   68 views